Thursday, May 7, 2009

First Time Baking!



So I have done a lot of things with Aden but really when it comes to cooking and baking I make a big mess all by myself so I usually just do it with Aden on the other side of the baby gate. But seeing a friends blog post with pictures of her little one helping I thought Aden might enjoy it too! So this morning after breakfast Aden and I baked a loaf of banana bread. I figured the best way to share is by sharing the recipe and directions!


My favorite Banana Bread
8Tbl- 1 stick of butter or Margarine

2Cups all-purpose flour

1tsp Salt

1 1/2tsp baking powder


3/4Cup Sugar


2 Eggs

3 Mashed Bananas (I like to use the ones that are past their prime...they mush easier and it is a good way to get use out of bananas that would other wise go to waist)

1tsp Vanilla


1/2 Cup Chopped Walnuts...you can crush them too....Aden liked that part :)



Mix Dry Ingredients


Cream butter and beat in eggs and bananas- add to dry ingredients

do not over mix


stir in vanilla and nuts

Bake at 350 F for 45-60 Min

Until nicely browned

You can kill time while it is baking by cleaning up!

And the very last and best step
EAT IT!!!




























2 comments:

Cammie said...

Looks like he'll be making meals for you in no time!!

Luke and Mary said...

Thanks. Now my stomach is growling! I'd go make some now if I had bananas!

I've had Tianna help me a bit lately... usually it results in flour being flipped out of the bowl the moment I finish telling her to stir carefully... but oh well. It's fun and she loves it! It just makes me grateful I don't have carpet in my kitchen! hahah
PS- Aden is so cute! I love my nephew!