Thursday, May 14, 2009

This kid kills me sometimes!

So we have been using timeout lately to punish bad behavior and to help Aden calm down from a tantrum. We tell him he can come off timeout when he calms down and can be nice. Most the time it only takes a minute or two and he comes in and asks "nice?" which I am assuming is his way of asking if he can come off time out and telling me he will be nice. Well today I got to see what it looks like through Aden's perspective.
Aden was playing and being all independent....which I encourage because other wise I get nothing done.... any ways, he was playing with two of his tractors. One is smaller than the other, and this is how the conversation went between the tractors....yes the tractors talked to each other. Big Tractor: "No No No! Time out" Little Tractor: "Be Nice?" to which big tractor pushes little tractor down a cliff (off the coffee table) and Little Tractor pleads "HELP!" and Big Tractor quickly comes to the rescue....And it starts again with Big Tractor Saying "No No No!" and Little Tractor saying "Nice?" Now rest assured I have never pushed Aden down, off a cliff or other wise, but I do come running every time he hollers for help. So I hope this is his way of showing he knows I am the one that punishes but also the one who rescues him.....other wise I may need the name of a good child psychologist.
By the way, the above picture is of Aden sitting on a John Deere Tractor.....just like the toys he was playing with!

3 comments:

Luke and Mary said...

LOL!!!!!!! Oh boy!

Laura P Monster said...

Oh my gosh!!! I laughed til I cried when I read this!!!

Veronica said...

That is too cute!!!!