Saturday, December 5, 2009

The First Week Home

So all those waiting for me to post pictures of all those who came to the hospital or visited shortly after....sorry it isn't going to happen. There are just too many and well the blog uploads photos painstakingly slow and one at a time....so if you want to see those pictures they are on my facebook page. If you are not yet added as my friend just add me and we will go from there :).
I wanted to get a picture of Raleigh in this outfit because it is one of my favorites from when Aden was that size and thought it would be super cute to compare their looks :).

And because of high bilirubin Raleigh got to spend some time in the light box (rotisserie oven as grandpa calls it). For those who also keep up on Luke and Mary's blog, this may feel like a repeat post.....because Adelia had the same problem and same solution :) I guess Raleigh just can't wait to be just like his cousin! Aden has been totally in love with this boy since he came home and can't stop loving, kissing, and touching Raleigh at every opportunity...(all too often waking or disturbing an otherwise calm baby)...but I prefer that to him being jealous and mean so we let him love on him as often as possible.This particular night I had just finished feeding Raleigh and was burping him when Aden stole the boppy (the 'u' shaped pillow that makes feeding super easy), set it up on his lap and reached his arms wide and demanded "I HOLD HIM!"...I am not one to cave to the demands of an almost-three-year-old but it was so cute I couldn't help it! Another great story, it was finals week at work and I took Raleigh with me for most my classes, well when I got home I was warmly greeted as usual...but as soon as Aden saw the car seat he said "I hold him!" So we got Raleigh out and sat Aden by his daddy on the couch and put Raleigh in his out stretched arms. Well not two minutes had passed when Raleigh messed his diaper with a loud farting and squishy sound...the funniest part was Aden's reaction! It was priceless, he got a scandalized look on his face and exclaimed "EWWWW!!!" and started pushing his brother towards his dad!

2 comments:

Veronica said...

That is funny.

Jaycie said...

He is very cute sorry I haven't checked for awhile. I was just thinking you said that you had found out that you had something that made it hard for you to have kids and also to gain weight I am currious was it PCOS??? if you feel like talking about it email me gardners7113@gmail.com Hope you guys are doing well
Jaycie