Sunday, January 17, 2010

Aden's Cake!

So I found some adorable little lights at the craft store that inspired this cake for Aden's birthday
Aden loved helping mommy make the cake....he was the official taster....he did a great job :)

He even kissed his brother so he could share some with him

Here is a little video of the cake from all angles again it is a video from my phone so the quality isn't great but it gives you a little bit of an idea of what it looked like with the lights flashing :D Aden was so cute! He loved his cop car cake so much that as I was finishing the decorating he told me "good job mommy good job!" He was beaming and I have never felt such a sincere compliment in all my life...so worth the all day project it turned out to be. He also had to see the cake every few minutes...it was the last thing he wanted to see before bed on Thursday and the first thing he wanted to see when he got up on Friday...thankfully that night we ate it so the madness could end, but I loved that he got such joy out of something I made for him.

3 comments:

Sharon said...

That is adorable! Especially love the sweet chocolate kisses. Oh I bet Raleigh loved it!!

Luke and Mary said...

Love those boys!! Wish we could have been there to celebrate the special event!!! Hopefully soon we'll be around for birthdays!

PS funny thing... the word verification is mAnica. Interesting.

Veronica said...

That's a cool cop car.
It looks like you had fun for Christmas. I love the nativity scene!