Saturday, January 23, 2010

My Baby Turns 3

Now there are lots of things that change your perspective, none quite so much as having a baby. Perspective on priorities, needs, and especially time. Before I had kids three years didn't seem like that long, but now it is the measure of a lifetime. It has been three years since Aden was born and he changed my life in so many ways. I love him and think the world of him. He is a great fisherman, a fantastic big brother, and the reason I laugh daily. We had a party with Grandma's and Grandpa's, Aunt Tammy and some cousins. There was ice cream and cake and a great haul of presents!!Aden couldn't even wait for me to bring the cake to blow out the candle! So we re-lit and blew them out a couple more times for good measure. Aden got to help cut his cake...which he was so excited to be finally eating it!
...in fact he couldn't even wait for a fork!
Thanks to Tammy and the kids for the great power toolsThanks to Great Grandma and Grandpa Peacock for the cool outfit and cars with a twirly track for them to go down on...and the plaid tissue paper which Aden was a fan of for some reason.
And a big thank you to Great Grandma and Grandpa Lake for the cool card and MONEY.Thanks to Grandpa Bert and Grandma Belinda for the loudest toy ever....and an awesome truck that has compartments for all Aden's toy cars. ..it also came with a ton of new ones!Chris and I gave him a RC car that he absolutely LOVES...sorry no picture, don't know why...and Raleigh gave him a book of puzzles...Tonka trucks and that sort of thing :)

And we can't forget Great Grandma Barbra, Thank you for the card and gift card I am looking forward to seeing what he picks out to buy with his own moneys.

4 comments:

Bethany Gilson said...

Love the cake Monica! You are too creative!

Veronica said...

good job on the cake. Three years flies by. Just think, in three more years, he will be in first grade!!!!

Dale and Courtney said...

My boy is huge, I just relized that I still haven't given him his present.

Dale and Courtney said...

Geez, between you and Mary I'm screwed. There is no way I'm going to be that good a mother Your such wonderful role models as mothers, I appreciate your examples soooo much! Luckily I still have years at least to watch you guys and learn.:) And then of course I'll have help from the best mother in the world, my own...well yours too, but only because they happen to be the same person.