Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Salsa!





I think it must be some kind of instinct to store food for the winter. To get ready for the cold barren months with food storage and supplies....I am fairly certain it must be biologically ingrained because I was in somewhat of a funk then all of a sudden when canning season hit I was ready to can and can and can...and I am still looking forward to canning apples. So far we have done tomatoes, salsa, and peaches. Aden loved helping pick the tomatoes and get in on as much of the mess as possible...what a boy :D. I didn't get an after shot of all the great food beautifully in the bottles but believe me when I say it was A LOT. On top of the canning I felt the need to stock up on everything I could get my hands on in the case lot sales...so instinct or intuition or just plain ambition I am ready for whatever this winter brings!

1 comment:

Terrence and Laura said...

Go you!!! I had good intentions this year, but our garden got planted too late so I wasn't able to can anything. Next year right?