Thursday, November 13, 2008

Surviving an Aspiring Artist



Ok so any one who knows me well will not be surprised when I say I gave birth to an artist. On several occasions I have found that little boy drawing on anything and everything he gets his hands on. He loves crayons markers pens and pencils alike. If you sit and color with him he only gets more excited and will draw for as long as you let him. So far we have been really lucky, he hardly draws on things besides paper and as long as he doesn't get a hold of important papers, we just let him draw. The other day however, we were at my mom's and I put him in Courtney's room for a nap and he found the colored pencils.....well I don't know if it was before he fell asleep or after he woke up...but he left some artwork on the wall. I took a picture before we washed it off, and with a little scrubbing it all came off.

Aden has hit a few milestones since last I posted. Aden is now able to count forward to 5 and backward from 3. He hasn't gotten the counting on his fingers quite down yet but he does pretty good verbally. When he asks for a cookie or cracker I always ask if he wants 1 or 2 and he usually says 2 but I always giggle when he says 3! I count them as I hand them to him and he counts them a couple times as he is eating. It is so cute and I am always amaized at how smart he is. He watches Dora the Explorer some mornings as he is eating. Well one morning he was watching and they started counting backwards for a rocket blast off and they got to 5...4.... and not mimicking, not repeating, not after but right in unison with Dora, Aden said 3....2....1. As clear as day! I was floored:).

4 comments:

Luke and Mary said...

Smarty pants!! :)

We too had a misadventure with coloring on the wrong things lately. The other day Tia found a MAGIC MARKER and colored on her desk in her room...a few lines on her quilt (TEAR) and then left it lidless on my bedspread so there's some on my bed too. UGH! I WISHED it had only been pencil.

Veronica said...

That is exciting! And the artist is great too.

Anonymous said...

I love little kids when they're that age!

Terrence and Laura said...

Crazy what a small world it is. Luke lives in Logan and so do we. The weekend they went to the American West Heritage Center, we were there too. In fact...we ran into them while they were just getting there and we were just leaving. Then we are both at Disney on Ice the same weekend. Funny how things like that happen. Lots of close calls!