Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Gettin into the Holiday Spirit

As far back as I can remember, I loved Christmas. From about November on I counted the days hours and minutes til Christmas. I thought that the magic just wore off as I got older but last year I was so excited for Christmas because it was Aden's first. This year in theory I should be even more excited because he gets so excited about things and has even more personality than last year. But I have been struggling this year to force myself to be excited for Christmas. I have finally decided I am so consumed with wedding and other things to really enjoy everything. So I did the only thing I could think of, I made some Christmas Blog Layouts. That along with some animations and adding Christmas songs to my play list, I am hopping will do the trick. The funny thing is I am done Christmas shopping earlier this year than any other year and yet, still not in the mood. If anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear what everyone else does to get this Christmas spirit in their homes.

4 comments:

Luke and Mary said...

Watch Mr. Kreugers Christmas. (spelling??)
I cry every year but it really gets me in the REAL spirit of the season.

AND BREATHE!! The wedding is probably the reason you aren't feeling it yet. But everything will work out so, take it easy on yourselves. :) Easier said on my part since I'm not really involved in it all

Anonymous said...

I know exactly what u mean.. Except i don't have any presents....yet... but we usually don't really get into the spirit of Christmas till a week b4 Christmas.

Veronica said...

I don't know. I never really got REALLY excited until the week before when I was little and now that I am older, it is like the night before.
It most likely connected with wedding stuff though.

Nate n Becca Hess said...

That is a tough one... what gets me in the mood is driving around town looking at all the Christmas lights, decorating the house with all my cute deciations and even doing a couple Christmas Crafts... much fun! Hope you get in the spirit! And good for you being done shopping so early! I wish we were done... :)