Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Batman, Boogers, and Bumps

Can you tell what is odd about this adorable face?How about now? I know the quality of picture isn't the greatest it is my cell phone but if you look really close the arrows are pointing to an odd bump.

Normally a bump on the head of any two and a half year old would be normal but this one is weird...it was never red, bruised or otherwise injured...it just showed up and to add to the oddity, it is hard and feels like a little pea under the skin. So that along with a rash and some pretty scary looking bug bites we decided to venture to the doctor. Well the bug bites were just mosquito bites...apparently it is pretty normal for little kids to have bad reactions to them....whew that's a relief (West Nile aside, fairly harmless). The rash, a mystery that she gave him a cream for that so far has done wonders. And last but not least the bump.....it's a cyst. Harmless collection of fluids under the skin. They normally go away on their own but if it grows to big we may have to have it surgically removed....sounds scary but really I'm not worried unless he starts looking like Quasimodo of course.

Aside from his recent doctor adventures, Aden has a couple of obsessions that make me giggle....the first one sometimes makes me gag but then I can't help but laugh. I get told at least once a day..."Mom, BOOGERS!" I invested in a box of tissues for every room because boogers are a serious matter especially when he announces his boogers right after he has swiped his nose across my shirt. His other fun thing about boogers is, he wants to "see" after he or anyone else blows their nose....to which he looks and exclaims "GROSS!!!"
Last but not least....Na na na na na na na na na BATMAN! That is Aden's new theme song....he brakes out singing it at random and on cue. But mostly you will hear him singing it when he is in costume (his batman PJ's). It's so cute I had to share. Here Batman is eating bacon....something new for him, he usually won't eat anything meat related.

1 comment:

Veronica said...

Boogers, tat is hilarious. I guess I know what I have to look forward to some day. lol