Thursday, August 27, 2009

Lake Reunion '09

So this year Chris and I were in charge of the Lake reunion. We decided to have it in mid Aug. so Chris could actually be there, rather than the usual 24th of July weekend it has been. Well it turns out it was a good thing Chris was there. On the 14th Chris, Aden, and I had to run up for an ultrasound and Dr's appointment and then joined the campers. We got there in time to set up our trailer and get in on dinner and a little socializing :). Early Saturday morning we got the news that my dad was hurt in the mine and would be going into surgery for a broken hip. So Chris and Aden stayed up on the mountain to represent the family, along with Mary and the girls :)...while Mom, Luke, Laura, and I hurried down to see dad. (Courtney was supposed to work, so she was still up in SLC, but headed down as soon as she heard) Well Chris and others thankfully took some pictures of the reunion. Dad feels horrible about "ruining" the reunion (like he had a choice). But from what I hear, and the pictures I saw, a great time was had by all :). My apologies for the Reunion not being the best planned and executed event. And a special thanks to Rachel for the pictures I stole off your facebook :) and everyone else who took pictures and made the trip!

2 comments:

Veronica said...

eventful!! Hope your dad is doing better.

Mike and Jayna Miller said...

Sorry to hear about your dad.