Saturday, September 27, 2008

New Car!




OK so after the initial heart attack at the thought of going through the whole car buying process, we went to Tony Basso's dealership in Price. We got there and told them what we really wanted and our price range. The sales man wasn't pushy, wasn't trying to get us to go up in price, just doing his best to find us what we needed in the price range we gave him. As soon as we told him what we had to trade in he got really excited.....who knew my little Saturn was so desired. He gave us twice what the blue book valued it at because he had a buyer looking for something like the Saturn.....ahhh so we know that good little car is going to a good home and won't be going to auction or a chop shop or staying on the lot long. That made me feel better about trading it in and we got more for it than if we had gone anywhere else. So after we discussed the trade in he found a car that fit what we wanted to a "T" and was in our price range. He got really excited and was saying..."I really think this is going to be the one you guys need."...He was right! We test drove 1 car! I had planned on testing several different ones that we had looked at online and haggling to death....it didn't work that way. He genuinely made sure we got a great deal on the new car and gave us a great deal on our old car. It is a Chrysler Pacifica....a crossover...or for those like me who don't speak "car" it is a mix between a mini van, a car, and an SUV. It is the perfect size and the perfect fit for our needs! I will have pictures of the actual car latter but for now I have some from the Internet to share with you what it looks like.


5 comments:

Luke and Mary said...

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!! i LOVE IT

Nate n Becca Hess said...

Congrads! Getting a new car is always fun - hope you get really good use out of it. The Pacifica is a very cute car - I would love one myself. Maybe I can talk Nate into getting one for me! :) Wish me luck!

Jaycie said...

gosh it looks like your spoilled j/k I love new cars!!

Bethany Gilson said...

Monica, that looks like a really great car. I would cry if I ever have to give away my little lancer!

Lualemaga's said...

It looks great. I hope you got the V6 and it isnot gutless like the PT. I am so happy for you!