Friday, September 26, 2008

Surviving the Bitter Sweet.

(Here it is...please ignor the dirt :)...goodbye car)
I know this to some sounds a little silly, but as humans we tend to get attached to inanimate objects, and I am no exception. Since 2003 I have owned a Dark Metallic Blue Saturn SL2. It has been a great car, great on gas, great get up and go, great looking, and very very minimal repairs required. I have known for a while...since Aden was born...that we would need something bigger. It barely fits his carseat, and he can kick both mom and dad from the back seat....too small for Aden and if we ever have more kids, definitley too small for two car seats. Well I had planned on saving up and haveing a good down payment before we traided it in on something bigger....last night night those plans were dashed. I was at work and went out to get something from my car, only to find that my car was "bleeding" Coolant/Antifreeze. I called Chris and he and his friend that is good with cars came up to the school and looked at it. The good news is, it could be fixed, bad news is it would be a minimum of 600-700 dollars to fix it. So we made the decision that instead of putting that kind of money into fixing it, we would put the money toward a new car. It was nice to not have a car payment, but alas, we will be going to Price today to find a new car....we are looking into bigger cars and small SUV. Don't get me wrong I am excited about getting a new car...like I said this has been a long time comeing...I just didn't know I was going to be doing this right now. Chris is taking a half day off of work and my mom is watching Aden. So wish us luck and I will post pictures of the new ride, if we find one, tonight.

No comments: