Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I am shrinking!

So I debated long and hard before I decided to add this post to my blog. It is a very personal situation and a very real fight for me. For several years now I have been dealing with a condition called PCOS. If you want more info on PCOS leave me a comment with your email and I will get back to you. Long story short PCOS has caused several health concerns and also caused Aden to be thus far an only child. One of the major issues I deal with from PCOS is extreme weight gain. Well if you will notice from my blog I avoid pictures at all cost and it is only for a family picture that I deal with it because there are two other people to detract the attention to. But I started seeing a new Doctor and was finally officially diagnosed with the condition. I have been taking some new medication that actually battles the underlying cause of PCOS which is Insulin Resistance (again I have more information on request). In the last three months I have lost almost 30lbs total. I still have a long ways to go but it feels amazing to be making progress.

13 comments:

Dale and Courtney said...

You look great! I think you should make a blog dedicated to PCOS like mentioned. Alot of people have the condition and don't even know it! And your learning so much about it.

Sharon said...

YOU GO GIRL! That is a great accomplishment! So glad you found something to help you back to health. YOUR BEAUTIFUL! Most important-- you are just a beautiful person. LOVE YA, Sharon

Monica Bingham said...

I do have a site didicated to PCOS and my struggles with it. Complete with illustrations of some of the more technical stuff :). I didn't want to share it with just anyone so if you would like to see it let me and I will email the address to you personally!

Cammie said...

You are beautiful any way you look at it! However, I am glad you are seeing some personal success and are feeling better!

Nate n Becca Hess said...

Monica - I was just thinking about you this morning and was wondering how you were doing. I am so glad that you are seeing great results with your health improving - especially the weight loss. I know how much a struggle it is and wish you the best! We love you and can't wait to see you!

-Becky

Luke and Mary said...

You look great and you are GREAT! I couldn't ask for a better sister in law! :D

Whoah. what are the irony?! The word verification is "Weigh"
LOL that was strange... well, anyway, congrats with the weight loss but no matter what you are beautiful in and out!

Jaycie said...

That is awesome I am so happy for you!!! It makes such a big difference to know what is going on and not just wonder.

Terrence and Laura said...

I am so happy for you! That is fantastic that you have been able to loose that much weight and so fast as well! I would love to see your site on PCOS if you'll email the link. I hope things continue to get better with this new doctor.

Veronica said...

It is more common than people think. Just remember you have a child and I don't have any yet. It will happen again, just have patience. I guess I am somewhat thankful I have PCOS because it has taught me a lot. Not necessarily about infertility but about pataience, communication and how others feel. Now I try to remember to put myself in their shoes. I have been blessed and so have you.

Bethany Gilson said...

Monica you are beautiful! I'm sorry that you have to suffer with a health problem but I'm glad you have a good Dr.!

Laura P Monster said...

I'm sooooooo happy for ya hun!!!! I wish I was having the success you are!! It's been so comforting to have someone who understands what I'm goin through, without your diognois I may have never been diognosed myself. Thanks for all your support, and congrats on the weightloss!!

Veronica said...

you're welcome

Mike and Jayna Miller said...

Monica you look great but you were always pretty hot!. Hey I read through my old journal from ages 8-13. I think you and our epic adventures to the dead end were mentioned in almost every entry. I miss you and I'm glad you are doing well.