Friday, November 20, 2009

Raleigh is here!

Finally here and perfect in every way! I say finally but really he was early! Wednesday at 3AM I was no longer able to sleep...not uncommon if you have ever been pregnant. I started cleaning house because I had stuff that still needed to be done and well what else do you do at 3AM when sleeping isn't an option. So with two days before the scheduled surgery I had yet to pack anything and still had laundry to do before I could pack. Did I mention durring this time I was haveing contractions?...another reason sleep was not happening. They were really inconsistant and weird...with Aden they were very regular and progressivly worse....so I wasn't stressed or at all concerned I may be in labor. I started timeing contractions and writing them down after Chris left for work in the morning and decided I had better call the doctor since I had a two hour drive to get to the hospital. Well upon hearing about the contractions and the travel time the on call nurse contacted the doctor and I was informed he wanted me to get to the hospital as soon as possible. So I threw together a bag for me, and a bag for baby and Chris got off work and came to pack his stuff....finally we were on the road. We got to the hospital and went through the usual monitoring and checking, then the doctor was called and the next thing we new we were scheduled for surgery. Well I am happy to report dispite my hope to avoid labor this time, I must say the C-section the second time around was much easier. I had great doctors and nurses and the whole team was super supportive and great at their jobs. Raleigh was born at 3:54 PM and weighed in at 7lbs 4oz and 19in long. We are both still in the hospital recovering well and I am just enjoying the time I get to spend with him. On the down side, because of flu season Aden is left out of the story...for now...he can't be in the hospital at all and is staying over and grandma's house. I have talked to him on the phone a little and am thrilled with what a trouper he is being. We have had lots of visitors and have loved seeing everyone love and adore our new little man. I will post pictures of all our guests once we get home so I can dedicate a post to that. Thank you to all who have come, to all who have called, or shown support in anyway, thanks also for those who have brought gifts. We can't tell you how much we appreciate all the supportive and loveing family and friends in our lives.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope this gets to you becuase for the life of me i am not a blogger. I don't know if this is the appropriate place to put it.

Anonymous said...

I am soooo proud of you too. You are nothing but adorable. I hope you guys get everything you need and want. You are officially the idelised couple on this side

Terrence and Laura said...

I am so happy for you! Yay for an early boy! He is adorable and although he looks like he's Aden's brother, he is definately his own unique self. CONGRATULATIONS!